Saturday, December 18, 2010 Rio Plus 600 UL - 200 gph Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Good little pump.I recommend the Rio pumps over any of the others out there.They are quieter, and use less energy.If I remember correctly, this one uses less than 10 watts.This is now the only brand of pump I will use or recommend.The prices have gone up on them, but they are still a better value than other brands.I have a big one I got about 8 years use out of, year around.
These smaller ones do not last as long as the bigger ones.I have gotten around 2 years and sometimes up to 4 years use, running continuously.The main reason is this:The boxesall say they have a ceramic shaft.In the bigger pumps, this is true.In the smaller pumps, this is not true.They are steel, and they wear quickly becoming sloppy inside the unit. They become noisy, and eventually will not work.I always keep a spare pump on hand for backup.
I use 3 of of these little ones currently.One in a big tub on the deck to flow over rocks for a birdbath.Two of them in small ponds in the landscape.My main pond uses one big one.
One bonus when the shaft wears out:Take it apart, and surrounding the shaft is a magnet you can salvage and use for on your fridge to hold stuff, or other uses you may have for a magnet.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Rio Plus 600 UL - 200 gph
Product Description:
Rio High performance Power Heads/Water Pumps are renowned for their ability as energy-efficient, economical water pumps. Ceramic shafts and high-impact plastic construction ensures durability and high flow rates. Fully submersible design is ideal for use in a variety ofaquarium and pond applications. Has a 6 ft. power cord.Size of pump: 2.5 in. x 1.7 in. x 2.3 in.
Want to buy Rio Plus 600 UL - 200 gph at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: