Monday, June 6, 2011 Hagen Green x Phosphate 3 x 27 Gallon Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I have used this product a few times. It is now sold and packaged in a blue box as Fluval Clearmax by Hagen.
When it was Green-X / Phos-X, the media bags were long and thin. With the new packaging they fit the canister filters much better as they are now shaped square.
The product seems to work well enough for me for my marine tank. I have to condition tap for my water changes.
It is difficult to say whether or not there is a real reduction in nitrate. My param seems to remain steady at the low end with regular water changes, but who knows what it would be if I wasn't using it at all?
I acquired fish with closed operculum gills. I wrote to Hagen to ask about the iron content to see if it would be okay for my fish because of the type of gills they have, to which they responded it contains ferric oxide; not okay to use for fish of that type.
I am having to switch to a brand that will not harm my species of fish.(Regular ChemiPure or PhosBan using ferric oxide hydroxide).
While I used this product, I had no complaints. The price was very good compared to other adsorbents and algae remained under control.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Hagen Green x Phosphate 3 x 27 Gallon
Product Description:
PROVIDES CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER; WORKS UP TO THREE MONTHS;1 POUCH TREATS 27 GALLONS OF WATER;REDUCES ODOR;CREATES IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR FISH
Want to buy Hagen Green x Phosphate 3 x 27 Gallon at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: